This is definitely the best hotel on Lang Tengah . However the rooms are not cheap either. Rates start from around RM700 (USD233) per night and there is a choice of Lagoon suites, Garden suites and Seaview suites. This is a boutique resort and total number of units available is around 50.
If you can afford it, get the seaview suites – there are only 3 units available and the view and privacy is well worth the additional premium you have to pay for it.
To summarize the pros and cons of this hotel based on my own personal experience..:
- beautiful beach with soft white fine sand right in front of the resort and the view is just amazing.
- very friendly and indulging staff
- the beds were very comfortable and the room was clean
- electricity is available 24 hours with no interruption (I am comparing with the other hotels on the island)
- relatively good snorkeling spot just in front of the resort where one can see some blue corals and reef fishes
- only one restaurant available and the menu is very limited..
- food quality was just average: imagine having soup made from powder form, having the same dessert twice a day which were fresh fruits for lunch and dinner and salad was just the same lettuce day in day out… the only difference was the dressing which were from a bottle
- doesn’t exactly have a spa yet as massages were either on the beach or in your room
- a good looking jacuzzi but it was leaking water
- getting the "warm water mixer" to work in the bath shower was a challenge
- gaudy furniture and decoration in the room that did not seem to gel with the theme of the resort or anything at all for that matter
Sari Pacifica Gallery
Having laid out the hits and the misses of this resort, I will have to venture to say that if given the opportunity I will definitely return to stay in this place as I did enjoy my stay.
I did not allow the imperfections of the hotel to get the better of me since after all I was on an island which was a good distance from the mainland, and literally everything has to be brought over. For me, the beauty of the landscape, solitude and the clear turquoise water was more than enough to make up for the less desirable aspects of the resort.
I did see the staff trying their best to provide us with a comfortable stay and they were extremely friendly and helpful – when on vacation what I loathe most is a dirty room, rude and unhelpful staff and noise. That did not happen at Sari Pacifica I must say.
The room is not cheap but to me it was well worth the money spent. The beach and view fronting Sari Pacifica is 5 star and the hotel itself is 3.5 star…if I have to rate it.